Reflections

Okeh, it's been, what?, a month and 9 days that I've been home here in Malaysia. Each passing day I try to suppress my feelings and the urge to pour it all out here. But now haunted by my sleepless nights and restless days I've decided to let it out. Biarlah. Bak kata si dia ni, tulis je. Truth is, I miss Surrey! Or rather, the life I had in Surrey. Memang la best balik rumah. U finally get to see your beloved Mom, Dad, and kucing Botbot. Tapi.....

1. Terasa bila mak tak makan the meals I cooked every other day.
2. Sedih bila mak tak kasi keluar rumah on the basis of traffic jam. I am, for god's sakes, old enough to have my own family
3. Rindu of my serene, calm morning walks to work when every other soul is still under their covers waiting for the sun to come up
4. Miss bellowing "Good Morning!" down the hall to whomever it is you see. Val ke, Maddy ke, Janet ke, even the scary Ruth.
5. Teringin nak rasa again the walk back from work and you feel eager to meet your mates and get together in the kitchen to have lunch
5. Teringat-ingat at the unpredictable weather where you get to play guessing games over what to wear to go outside. Do I wear that blue hooded top, or, that Laura Ashley denim jacket, or, a light sweater, or just a plain t-shirt?
6. I even miss taking a shower in Stag Hill with its secluded shower stall where you feel like you are safe from prying eyes and the water is just the right tempeeature. Nice and really really really hot.
7. Meleleh air liur terkenang Tesco's trifle and creme caramel and danish.
8. Kaki gatal nak tawaf the aisles of Tesco, Marks & Spencer, Next, New Look, Laura Ashley, The Friary, Anatomy, Woolworths, Robert Dyas, Waterstones, Boots, Superdrug, even QS.
9. Pinggang tunggu nak sakit sebab daki bukit High Street and North Street.
10. Tunggu bila masa lagi nak pegi Enterprise, jumpa Toby and plan a road trip to anywhere.

Satu benda saja tak terkenang --- STUDY. Kih kih.

Huneydew, the grass is always greener kat Mesia sbb Mesia tadek Autumn atau Winter. Eheh. But nevertheless, enjoy the brown grass in UK while it lasts. Lepas ni boleh sambut birthday and raya kat Mesia bertahun tahun.

Selamat Menghayati Hujung Ramadhan and Selamat Hari Raya.

0 comments: