Weekend Wanderings and Ramblings

[1] I watched Jalan-Jalan Cari Makan on TV3 and its compere, Maria Tunku Sabri expressed her fondness of crabs (not the STD!). I myself cannot go to a seafood place without tasting the tiniest pinch of crab meat. A new haunt I discovered - a steamboat restaurant near KLCC called Seafood Terminal. An all you can eat buffet costs RM 38.00 and the selections include all the seafood you can eat(with or without marinade), steamed rice, chee cheong fun, and desserts. The marinade for the seafood is spicy and yummy. You can have a choice of chicken soup or tomyam.

[2] Having been bombarded with questions and lectures with regards to this by my parents, I have partially unintentionally let out my anger on Joe. We are currently separated (ahem! like brad pitt and jen aniston). I'm sure sooner or later we'll get back together (more like sooner rather than later). This always happens when I am under stress.

[3] I have never known myself to mouth bad or dirty words. Seems I did not know myself or my limits until yesterday when I uttered the word B-A-B-I. I slept dreaming of becoming one of those fat, furry swines I saw in The Farm on Five TV. Alhamdulillah, I still look normal. At least, I think I do! Except for the hidung sedikit kembang lah.

[4] My mak has always told me that I was born a lipas - sleeps during the day and wanders during the night. When I was a baby my mak had a scare when I was found missing from my crib around 3 a.m. She later found out that I had crawled out and found a more comfortable place to lay my head near the pasu bunga at the front door. Since I have been back in Malaysia for a week I have yet to familiarise myself with a stable sleeping cycle. I currently sleep around 8 a.m. and wake up around 3 p.m. Mak has already gotten used to this and she's more comfortable knowing that I am safely tucked in bed while her students come for daily classes lest I shock them with my Ah-Lian-jual-sayur-shorts and unruly hair early in the morning. I know for sure if they saw me they will go - "Anak ustazah macam ni ka??!!!". On the first day I was back she even suggested that I sleep in the front room, away from the class area. I must be an embarassing, pathetic daughter.

[5] Whenever I miss the UK I tune in to Meet the Kumars at No. 42 if only to feel the familiarity with which British humour is expressed and to hear their funny accents. They do the most stupidest of things to get people to laugh and yet at times I find this refreshing because it is so real. It's crooked, my feelings for British TV, because it is so boring to watch Big Brother, Meet My Folks, or I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here and yet I couldn't get enough of them. And who could forget Ready, Steady, Cook! (I know at least one other person who likes this).

[6] Currently, I have managed to, without fail, take a shower only once every day. I know it's YUCKY! but the water is so damn cold. Am missing the hot water badly! My mak's bathroom has got the hot water heater but the water runs so slowly it kills my desire to shower. All I can conclude is that I am just plain KAMBING. Too afraid of water.

[7] If you have not already done it, and are thinking of donating to the tsunami victims via SMS, I suggest you go read this first.

[8] One of my dad's cats likes to eat durians. She polished off 5 pieces of durians on her first encounter with the King of Fruits and yesterday I swear that she could smell the thing and came rushing from the kitchen into the living room, pawing my thighs while I was licking off the last of the durians. She licked the lid of the bowl holding the fruits and proceeded to paw the seeds of the durian, subsequently licking off what little bits of flesh I left on the seeds. Does she like have a mengidam phase since she is pregnant? Or is it because of the high-calorie content of the fruit that prompts her to gouge on them for the sake of her babies?

[9] I have managed to smuggle a pack of Tesco's Smoked Mackerel and it's been sitting in the freezer since forever. I promised Joe I would cook masak lemak smoked mackerel for him but since we're in the Jen-Brad situation I don't know when it will come true.

[10] I will be going to KL tomorrow so am very very open for suggestions of meetings, gatherings, eatings, shoppings, or whatever. Jom la keluar! Emi, Elixir, Armicelli, Azli, Enna, Ija, Kamy, Linda, Faezah, Janice, whoever......!

There, I managed to put in 10 ramblings. I must really be a Loser with a capital L.

0 comments: