It is the Beginning of the End of the Beginning

Now I'm in really in trouble. It seemed like a good idea at the time - furthering my studies in the UK. Who would have thought it would be the start of one hell of a ride. The place in question - Guildford, Surrey.

Terminal 3 was a shock to me. Come to think of it, the whole of Heathrow was a shock. After years of frequenting KLIA I thought Heathrow would be a million miles better. I guess I thought wrong. Was greeted by Indian looking officers and suddenly I wondered whether my plane landed at the right airport.

The last friendly face I saw was of the cute steward saying "Thank You!". It all went downhill after that. The officers were rude and condescending. The counter at which I was interviewed was made, for god's sakes, of wood! The carpeting was tacky and the air circulation was close to non-existent.

It was a relieve that I met a few familiar faces (Malaysians) and got to talking to some of them. Oh well, no one is going my way. Guess I have to rough it out.