Ramadhan

Ramadhan in the winter is kind of a blessing. The daytime is shorter so you get to break your fast earlier. I'm not complaining about that! Subuh ends around 8.00 a.m. so you could laze around under the covers if you so wish before performing the short prayer of the day. Maghrib comes around the corner at 4.40 p.m. Nice, huh?

The thing is, though, ramadhan in the winter makes me even more hungrier than usual. It's so cold and every minute or two I can hear my stomach grumbling its complaint. The wind is so dry that you get dry lips and go looking for water. And when the time comes for breaking of fast, I get bombarded with knocks on the door inviting me to join the group to eat my heart out. Believe me, the food selection was eclectic what with the group members coming from different parts of Malaysia.

I might just come out alive from this one. It sure beats fasting the hot weather back home. And who could refuse good food coupled with good company.