It's been two years...


since I joined this establishment. Despite its quirky and sometimes foolish list of rules and regulations I am still here. It's a given, really, because I am indebted to it for my journey abroad a couple of years ago. Now I am counting the days when I can apply for my badge of honour. One that would allow me more freedom both academically and spiritually. The fact is, it will be my free get-out-jail card. To think that in my younger days I could never have imagined that I would be doing this as a career. A family friend remarked that us siblings are very risk averse. Meaning, we chose the career path that we consider the safest. I didn't really choose this particular career path; it was hammered down on me by my dad with constant phone calls reminding me that he was not happy with my previous job. But, no harm there, I say. Because in hindsight this quirky establishment provides the flexibility that my nature longs for. Read: I can get out of bed later than most people but I can also cave myself in the office till the wee hours of the night when everyone else is tucked safely in their beds. I can recall one or two occasions when Joe had to retire to a sleeping bed on the floor to keep me company. And now that another new year is looming I pray that I have the strength and courage to keep on going and be better at this. For myself, my family and possibly a little beach house in Bora Bora. Heh.

0 comments: