Plagiarism Among Students

That's quite a serious title I've got there. Well, after the previous entry I take it upon myself to act a little bit more serious just for the sake of being the opposite, ahem.

As it turned out, the student bearing the goreng pisang was copying from some other paper. What made the difference was instead of jumping on the bandwagon of other students who stupidly copy verbatim anything and everything, this particular student of mine at least had the sense to understand what she was copying and at least tried to rephrase most of the sentences. I giver her credit at least for that. Needless to say, the goreng pisang was finished in 5 minutes flat. Goreng pisang or not, though, it is worrying to me about the state of tertiary education in Malaysia. How students aimlessly attend lectures without any preparation whatsoever, get into class in a dazed zombie-like manner and and just leaves without any value added to their body of knowledge by the time the class ends. When the time comes for assignments, they easily and proudly copy whatever they can get from the internet and hand it in sometimes with even the tell-tale blue box and unmodified font/style. Don't even get me started about the techniques they use to copy each other during exams.

Okay, serious mood out. Because it seriously is boring. It's raining heavily outside and I'm hungry again. Because five minutes after getting back to the office after lunch, my stomach did it's stunt since taking the EPO. My guts' contents are on the way to the Alam Flora sewer somewhere and now my tummy is asking for more. Am thinking of hot goreng pisang again. I'm not gonna see the student again until Monday so goreng pisang is out of the question. Anyone want to belanja me swiss mushroom burger from TGI? Heh.

p/s: Non-blogging sis, bowling session jadi ke?

1 comments:

  1. ooo, happily going bowling yek? tell the non blogging sister auntie is seriously considering selling her soul to get tickets to london. maybe just for a week though coz after that auntie has to earn a living. remember ma&pa is not forking out any expenses for auntie's umrah, sob sob! and if there is room for another one in that apartment, auntie's pal samantha aka kak azwan would like to follow.