'Tis the second season...

of good food and good company. It was Abami's birthday, Kak Ida's coming to KL and Kak Nona's promotion; and naturally we decided it was high time for a good makan time. At another hotel, of course. This time, it was One World Hotel. Guess who suggested it? Ahem!

The spread was delectable. My pick was the dimsum, sushi and sashimi, smoked salmon (my usual must-have!), pasta, button mushrooms in olive oil (bit too salty), pizza and the usual salads and starters. There was also mamak-style and chinese-style cuisine but I wasn't tempted. The angel-hair pasta was lovely with the cream sauce and I added the smoked salmon and mushrooms to it to make it more irresistable. I wish I had more of those dimsum as well as sashimi. The tuna on the sushi was not as fresh, though. It's color was slightly pale. I liked the choice of salads and vegetables mainly because there was plenty of broccoli and cauliflower to be had with a wide selection of salad dressings. Okay, enough about the food.

We were a bit late getting there because we had to get a gift for abami and I got a couple of cards for Kak Nona and Kak Ida. I'm sure when they opened the cards they were expecting something more than just a card. Ticket to Hawaii? Eheh. Maybe in 10 years' time (crossing my fingers!!!!) To be frank, I didn't know what to get them. For sure it can't be something unoriginal because they give great gifts......(kipas nih!) like what I got just now.......thanks Kak Ida! As soon as I got home I turned on the laptop to try the gadget on. I am ecstatic. It was nice to see the kids again. Ajmal has now got a little chevron on his sleeve; a sign of an upgrade in his life experiences as baby-toddler. Jijin confirmed that she indeed has a lot of friends; too many to recite their names to me, Qin was being her cheeky self but probably forgot who I was because she barely said a sentence to me, Shasha and Aiman are swamped with work to get them ready for their big exams and Along is still in love with Rain. Hohum. Conversation was the usual. There's talk of going for the pilgrimage and the possibility of a couple of us being sponsored for the trip. Yehoo!The stuff-your-face-while-talking-at-the-same-time session took slightly longer than two hours. We convened to the cafe lobby for a photo op and later adjourned to our respective destinations.

And the actual reason I am writing this is because the memory of the food that we had is making me go hungry again. Tonight I'll be going to sleep with a rumbling belly and dreaming of a large salmon lying agains smokey blue-grey walls and a certain antique stained dining table.

0 comments: