Britney Spears'...

Toxic reminds me of summer back in Guildford. Lush greens and moderate temperature. Thesis writing and staying up with loads of coffee and a bar of cadbury's or two. The common room at night. The town center in the morning for work. Summer sale. Summer blockbusters. Cheese and onion pasty from Gregg's after work. The scorching heat during my noon walk back to Stag Hill. Late night isya' prayers when the sun is still up. It's not the song itself, but do you know the feeling when certain songs or smells or sights bring back memories?

I'd like to think that it's very flattering when my students try to imitate me during their class presentation. At least they paid attention. All the nuances, hints and expressions. How I ask questions to put forward a point. How I to gain the attention of a sleepy student by pointing him/her out to class. I witnessed this today among some of my students. They may be mocking me. I don't know. But, I can't help feeling just a little bit satisfied. I made an impression, at least.



0 comments: