I'm not sure...


how I feel about pregnancy. It didn't become a big issue when we were newlyweds. We didn't practice any form of contraception. If a baby comes, it comes. That was our stand. THEN. Now, after close to two years of wedded bliss, though, I'm not so sure. The MOM and the DAD are asking. The MOM IN LAW, er, still keeping mum. At least that's one side of the pressure off. Frankly, I am not that bothered about the MOM and the DAD. They have loads on their hands as it is, with 6 grandkids at last count. It is my own feelings about the issue that I'm worrying about. Cuz, I don't think I have a strong stand on any side. On the one hand, seeing Anita frequent the WC for hourly vomitting is very endearing to me. Not the idea of vomitting (God! No!) but the idea that she is experiencing pregnancy at such an early stage of her marriage. She and Ali have only been married for 2 months. On the other hand, I think I'm still enjoying my independence. Not that I would be less independent if I had a baby. Far from it, the baby would be dependent on me methinks. But I have less of a burden right now. I'm still playing catch up with my career. And we still have the house to think about. So a baby anytime soon isn't exactly a solution to anything. And I'm not quite sure if he would be a great dad. Oh, he's charming with kids now. That I know. He only needs to look at kids and they would be smitten within a second. Ask my nieces and nephews. But how would he be with his own kids? But isn't it a wonderful feeling to hold a baby in your arms? To smell that fuzzy head full of baby talcum? To pinch those chubby cheeks, and arms, and thighs? There IS a reason why people call them bundles of joy, afterall!

0 comments: