It is hard...

to keep a straight face while typing when my roomate is in. See, she's the sort of person who is a bit staitlaced. Stuffy. While others would be pretending to do important stuff while trying to hide the YM window, she would do the opposite when people pass by her desk. Turn that browser with important infos and facts or work off and turn on the YM window and stare at it without any typing. And she gets kinda tetchy when people ask her what she's doing. She's trying to get ahead of us, the newbies. She's a newbie as well but she aligns herself with oldies to get ahead. And she's not afraid to show that she means business. The fecking annoying thing is that it's working. People, well important people that is, are starting to notice her. And being a mouse that I am, it's beginning to gnaw on me. Get on my nerves. Because like some people, I do my work well if I do say so myself. But I just don't brag about it. Unlike her. But there are certain perks of being her roomate. I get to hear the latest gossips first. Because, she is nosy as she is a hardworker. Plus, I hear the latest tips and tricks of getting ahead. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer, they say. I'm putting on a tight leash on this one. To think that we'd be neighbours in the near future!

0 comments: